Sunday, April 24, 2016

Morning Glories for Mother - Shabby Spring Pinks

My last card for the night is made with Mothers' Day in mind.
The sentiment is more of a thank you, but realistically--what is Mothers' Day all about, if not gratitude and appreciation?  I think it's apropos.  Mothers help our souls to blossom.
 
 
 
I colored the image with Prismacolors while my boys sat next to me listening to scripture stories on this beautiful Sunday afternoon.  I love our day of rest, and while the squirreliness of two young boys is sometimes inescapable, they do in fact seem to enjoy the change of pace too.
Sabbaths are important for the heart, and so special for the family as well.
I was pondering all this while I colored the morning glories, and the phrase kept
running through my mind, "Who can glory too much in the Lord?"
Any gardener who's ever dealt with morning glories can attest that these flowers certainly do not skimp on their morning praise.
 

Here are the colors I used.  I know, I know--normally morning glories are blue or purple. 
But I have seen pink too.  And they were lovely.
 
 
 
 
This card participates in the following challenges:
 
 
 
 
 
MOTHER & MORNING GLORY
 
An old favorite bilingual challenge. 
I remember playing when they were in the SINGLE DIGITS.  Time flies.
 
 
 
 
Materials Used on this Card:
Card base {Markings by C.R. Gibson} Cardstock {Papertrey Ink}
Stamps {Papertrey Ink} Ink {Images - Distress Ink: Brushed Corduroy;
Edges - Old pigment ink pad nearing the end of its days}
Burlap ribbon, Fabric scrap, Vintage lace {stash, scrap bin}
*this lace once belonged to my great-great grandmother,
so a perfect addition to a Mothers' Day card - one for the generations
Tiny pearl {The Paper Studio}
Butterfly punch {Martha Stewart}
 

 
Thanks so much for dropping by!
Before you go, hop over to my quilting and gardening blog, Gardener's Thread, 
to enter for a Tula Pink book giveaway!
That giveaway will remain open until I finish my Spring-weaver quilt. 
I'll be hosting another craft cleanout giveaway here *very* soon, so do check back.
 
Be well,
--Kathryn
 

12 comments:

  1. Spectacular coloring, my friend! Loving that ribbon and your sentiment is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is so soft and pretty Kathryn :) And yes, your sentiment is perfect for Mother's Day. Thanks for sharing with us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is lovely, Kathryn. I especially love the burlap ribbon you added cause it gives a great texture with a shabby feel to the softness of the rest of the card. It's awesome. Thanks so much for sharing your talents with us in our Things With Wings Challenge. We're delighted to have you join us, and hope that you will stop by again soon.
    Karen Letchworth
    Really Reasonable Ribbon
    www.karen-mycuprunnethover.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful soft colors and a wonderful combination of texture and patterns!
    Thanks so much for sharing with us over at CASology! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all of the detail and layers of this card! The stitching, ribbon, coloring - beautiful! Glad you have a restful day in The Lord :) Hope to see your work again at TGIF :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another gorgeous card Kathryn. The colours are soft, vintage and very feminine and your colouring is just lovely. So glad you could join us again at Just Add Ink this week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty card - I like the layout and way you have used the ribbon. The stitching is a great touch. Chantell JAI

    ReplyDelete
  8. So many lovelies to look at on your pretty card, Kathryn. Love the stitching, lace trim and ribbon especially. Beautiful colouring - thanks for sharing with us at Just Add Ink this week. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loving your card, Kathryn. So many beautiful details and beautifully coloured. Thanks for playing along this week at TGIF Challenges. Rochelle xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, gorgeous Mothers Day Card! So many beautiful layers!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful card! Love the morning glories colored in the pretty pink shades! Thanks for joining us at Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a lovely card! Thrilled you joined us at Just Us Girls this week and please join us again soon!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments -- they add an extra smile to my day. I hope yours is happy and bright as well, no matter where you are visiting from!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails