Monday, August 1, 2011

Congratulations Banner

I made this banner last night due to a mixup. I thought my FIL's retirement party was coming up very soon; but I was confusing THAT event with a different one.... the one coming up this weekend is the GRAND OPENING of CRAFTY CRAFTY! I will be teaching workshops there and I am so excited! If you happen to be in the SC area, this is really exciting because up until the opening, if we wanted to go to a brick-and-mortar scrapbook store, the closest one is all the way in Landrum! The owner contacted me via my Etsy shop, and we've been talking ever since! I will post pictures and more info as it's available, but it'as you can tell I'm quite jazzed. :)

Still, the mixup DID get this banner done well in time, so I guess all's well that ends well.

Here it is:



Somehow I didn't realize what a LONG word "Congratulations" is until I made a banner tile for each letter! LOL...


I got my inspiration from the PPC color combo this week. I thought it was a wonderful masculine combination; one of my favorites.




 

Materials Used:

Cardstock {Papertrey Ink, Making Memories}
Silhouette SD Electronic Cutter {Font: Georgia}
Circle punches {EK Success}
White Grosgrain Ribbon {Offray}
Butcher's twine
3d and regular Zots {Thermo-Web}
 
 

2 comments:

  1. this must have taken you quite a while to make. A lot of letter for sure but it does look fabby. Thanks for playing at PPC with us.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments -- they add an extra smile to my day. I hope yours is happy and bright as well, no matter where you are visiting from!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails