Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Vintage Poppy and Denim Thank You

I have been having a slow time of blogging lately with this laptop.  I'm grateful for the backup plan, of course, but I am eager to find a new monitor so that I can get back to business as usual.

Here are today's challenges:

2) Crafty Creations #72 {Stitching}
3) Creative Card Crew #52 {Thank You}
4) wee Memories #10 {In Stitches}
5) Fun 2 Stamp {Summer Card}

When I think of summer, it's not swimming pools and beaches I usually dream of--it's blue jeans, gardens, hammocks, and all kinds of wonderful summer flowers. So, with these things in mind, I made a Summery Thank You card that's all about my vision of summer. It has the blue jeans, the poppies, the casual look and of course my trademark butcher's twine... which sort of reminds me of the rope hammocks from Pawleys Island, SC.  Ahhhh........

Here's the card:
With some detail:
.....and a little more.....
Materials used on this card:

White cardstock {Georgia Pacific}
Patterned papers {My Mind's Eye} - "Home" collection 4x6
Vintage poppy garden card {Martha Stewart crafts}
Apron lace edge punch {Fiskars}

Nestabilities {Spellbinders} + Cuttlebug {Provo Craft}
1 1/2" circle punch {EK Success}
Sentiment stamp {Papertrey Ink}
Black archival ink {Ranger}
"Chloe's Closet" Alpha stickers {Making Memories}
Brushed metal brads {Spare Parts}

Butcher's twine
Sewing machine
ZOTS {Thermoweb}


Thank you all for visiting!  Don't forget to enter for my
4th of July blog candy
before you go! (It's on the sidebar for your convenience :)

Have a great day!
--Kathryn

4 comments:

  1. fabulous card...i love the mix of vintage.modern...love the mixed stitches!! Thank you for sharing with us at Crafty Creations! bx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kathryn - congrats - I'm looking forward to being teamies with you on PaperPlay!!!

    Love this card, I'm not a beach person either, love the denim and stitching.

    Julie :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Kathryn that denim detail is fabulous and just adore the flowers this is one great card.
    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card! Love the stitching and denim paper! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments -- they add an extra smile to my day. I hope yours is happy and bright as well, no matter where you are visiting from!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails