Saturday, June 5, 2010

Sailing Birthday Card - For the Men

I will be the first person to admit:  Masculine cards are simply not my forte.  At all.  I hope I have improved with my DH's help.... but still....
As most of the men in my family are boating and fishing fans, I tend to gravitate towards masculine cards of that nature.

This birthday card plays in the following challenges:

1) One Stop Craft Challenge #83 (DT) {Make your own Designed Paper}
2) Simon Says Stamp {Masculine Card}
3) Stamptacular {Life's a Beach}
(Okay, maybe a sailing theme is stretching it a little... but you decide....)
4) SoArtful Challenge {One for the Guys}

Here's the card:
Materials used on this card:

Cardstock: {Papertrey Ink and The Paper Studio} - TPS makes a darker Kraft and rougher than PTI; I like using both
Guidelines 2 stamp set {Papertrey Ink}
Sailing Ship stamp {Museum Stamps - product of Bowne & Co. Stationers at the South Street Seaport Museum}
"Soleil" sun stamp {Rubber Stampede}
Metallic brads {Spare Parts}
X-Acto Blade

Ink: {Tim Holtz Distress Ink}
Colors: {Brushed Corduroy, Faded Jeans, Antique Linen}

Look for my tutorial on masking multiple images a little later this morning :)

Thank you so much for visiting, and
Don't forget to enter for my 4th of July candy before you go!
(It's on the sidebar for your convenience :)

Have a great day everyone,
--Kathryn

4 comments:

  1. Hello Kathryn, It's so nice to have you join us at Soartful Challenges. This is a perfect guy card. Beautifully done.

    Thanks for being Soartful this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful images and colors to convey the 'beach' theme this week! Love those distress inks! Thanks for joining us at SSC this week. Hugs, Barb

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I think this is a great male card! Love the color theme and the great ship stamp!
    Thanks for joining the Simon Says Challenge!
    Hugs, Dena

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments -- they add an extra smile to my day. I hope yours is happy and bright as well, no matter where you are visiting from!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails