Thursday, May 27, 2010

Beethoven, Friendship, and Butterflies

This is my second card for the current Embellish Magazine Challenge.

It also plays in the following challenges:
2. Stamp Something {2 of Something}
(Two butterflies, two papers, and Beethoven was about two hundred years ago--died in 1827 :)
3. Flutterby Wednesday #111 {Anything Goes}
4. ABC Challenge {V is for Vintage}
(Beethoven and antique sheet music are vintage enough, don't you think?... :)

Here's the card:

Materials used on this card:

Cardstock: Kraft {Papertrey Ink}, Black {The Paper Studio}, Textured Green {DCWV}
Patterned Paper: Textured Cream Sheetmusic, Butterflies, and Harvest Green Plaid {The Paper Studio}, Sentiment backing paper from Home Collection {My Mind's Eye}

Brads {Spare Parts}
1" Satin black ribbon

ZOTS by Thermoweb and Foam tape
X-Acto blade
Corner rounder {EK Success}


And, since the sentiment is a little difficult to read in script, the quote says:

"Never shall I forget the days I have spent with you--
Continue to be my friend, as you will always find me yours."
--Ludwig van Beethoven

Also, before you leave don't forget to enter for my current blog candy giveaway! :)

Thanks for visiting!

Have a great day,
--Kathryn

6 comments:

  1. what a pretty card! I like the sheet music background with the butterflies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! Love the music sheet and the big bow! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so love the sheet music on your card! Great use of the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful card! Love the butterflies, the background, and that gorgeous bow! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. oops...sorry, I hit publish before I finished! lol Thanks so much for joing us for Flutter By Wednesday! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments -- they add an extra smile to my day. I hope yours is happy and bright as well, no matter where you are visiting from!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails