Friday, April 16, 2010

April Showers Umbrella Girl

I am running on limited supplies for the next few weeks since we are visiting family.  As a matter of fact, this has proven to be a good thing for me, since it helps me to focus and use what's in front of me, rather than debating about whether I have a paper that would match better, etc.  The hardest part was deciding what to bring; but now that we're here, I've had a great time showing my Gran how to make cards too.

Here are the challenges:
1) Tuesday Morning Sketches "Soft Hues, Flowers, Ribbon"
2) Our Creative Corner "Bows"
3) Secret Crafter "A Day Out"
4) Stamp Something "Layers"
5) SmART Word Challenge for April "FRESH"

Materials used on this card:

"Girl in the Rain stamp" from Nature's Blessings
Patterned paper from My Mind's Eye
Chocolate Chip cardstock

Paper flowers and brads from Spare Parts
Martha Stewart snowflake punch
Butcher's twine
Border sticker from Fiskars
3D Zots (Thermoweb)

I colored the image with Sharpies and colored pencils, with three copies of the umbrella.  Then I cut out the sections of the umbrella as shown and attached them with 3D Zots.


Have a great weekend!
--Kathryn

6 comments:

  1. Your card is lovely! I love the papers you used and the image is very sweet. Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the edges....such a pretty card :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can almost feel the wind and rain! I love the distressed edges. The flower looks great too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh gorgeous card, beautiful colours and love the cute image.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh gorgeous card, beautiful colours and love the cute image.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for participating in April's smART-Word Challennge.

    Love your 'fresh' take on the twine... the way it appears to be blowing in the wind from your image panel -- Very clever!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments -- they add an extra smile to my day. I hope yours is happy and bright as well, no matter where you are visiting from!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails