Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Casements...

Another wonderfully versatile sketch from the ladies at Mojo Monday this week and a "Women's theme" at My Time to Craft. Also a rather Distressing piece of work for the ABC Challenges!

I decided to finally ink up this interesting stamp from The Stamping Ground (again, from that amazing Goodwill find!) for this card and to use it with a vintage theme, so I also used the Stampabilities "Le London" background script and made the distressed paper flower. The background paper is White Paisly Kraft.

I wasn't entirely sure about this card when I first started, but it's growing on me. It's different from my usual and doesn't really need a sentiment, as far as I'm concerned. That also makes it versatile...and those who know me understand how much I value versatility, flexibility and practicality...hence the Elinor Dashwood pic on my sidebar! ;)

Have a great day all,

--Kathryn

12 comments:

  1. This is simply beautiful
    thanks for joining us this week on abc
    -x-

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Thanks for taking part in the MTTC challenge this week xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a stunning interpretation, love the way you've flipped the sketch ad used a stamp as one of the layers.

    Very nice stamp, btw! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous!!! Thanks for joining in wuth us at MTTC :o) Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card. Love the disstresed look.
    x Natasha x

    ReplyDelete
  6. fab card thank you for joining in with this weeks MTTC challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. nice card .I like the way you did the edges on the image

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous work - love the colour scheme and the stamp is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic vintage work...I love it !

    ReplyDelete
  10. I saw on Barb's blog that you're from San Antonio...hello from another local crafter!
    I love this card, and that stamp is wonderful. You found that at Goodwill?!? Wow! Great job on the Mojo sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  11. A fabulous Vintage piece - thanks for joining us!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments -- they add an extra smile to my day. I hope yours is happy and bright as well, no matter where you are visiting from!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails